Evaluation of a investigational oral medication for patients with Alzheimer’s Disease.
A Phase 3 Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Twelve- Month Safety and Efficacy Study Evaluating Dimebon in Patients with Mild-to-Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease on Donepezil.
This is a one-year study with a one in three chance of receiving placebo. All patients will have the opportunity to receive the study medication at the end of the one year blinded portion.
Major Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria:
- Age greater or equal to 50 years old
- Must be taking Aricept 10 mg for a minimum of six months
- Must be off all other Alzheimer’s medications for 90 days prior to screening
- Must have a caregiver for a minimum of three hours a day five days a week
- History of Insulin-dependent Diabetes is excluded
- History of cancer within the past five years is excluded (except for skin and prostate cancer)